- All the faculty members, students and non-teaching staff of Udalguri College shall be allowed to apply for Library membership.
- A duly filled registration form has to be submitted to the library to register for a library membership. The same can be downloaded from the website as well as collected from the library.
- All members of the Udalguri College shall be allowed admission in the library.
While entering the library, all personal has to sign a register specially provided for the purpose by legibly entering all the columns. The signature shall ensure that the person concerned agrees to abide by the rule and regulations of the library.
Deposit all personal belongings; such as bag, umbrella, file, private books(s), etc. at the property counter of the library.
The Library Timing shall be from 10:00 am to 04:00 pm on all working days.
The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to the registered members only.
Each member will have a Identity Card cum Reader’s Ticket according to the category to which he/she belongs to.
The Identity Card cum Reader’s Ticket is not transferable.
Student members must come to the library personally and tender his/her Identity Card cum Reader’s Ticket at the circulation counter at the time of transaction.
Membership of a student shall remain valid till he/she remains on the role of the University.
The librarian may recall any book from member at any time.
- The books borrowed from the library is to be returned within 15 days of issue date.
- Books can be re-issued after the stipulated date of return.
- Borrowing Limits: Student can borrow up to 3 books for 15 days with one time renewal facility.
Faculties can borrow up to 8 books for 180 days with one time renewal facility.
- Overdue Fine: An overdue fine of Rs. 3/day for students and Rs. 10/day for faculty member will be charged.
- The loss of Library Identity Card should be reported immediately in writing to the Librarian and a fine of Rs.50/- will be charged for re-issue of the card.
- Books lost, defaced or torn in any way have to be replaced by the borrower.
The physical condition of the book should be checked while checking out. Mutilation of pages if found is to be brought to the notice of the circulation in-charge. Otherwise, the borrower himself/herself shall be responsible for mutilation of the book if detected afterwards.
Underlining, marking, folding of pages, etc. in the book is strictly prohibited.
- Handle the book carefully.
- Conversation is strictly Prohibited inside the reading hall.
Mobile phone in vibration mode only is permissible.
Member shall not smoke or spite in any part of the library.
Upon any infringement of the library rules, members shall forfeit privileges of admission and membership of the library.
The librarian reserves the right to suspend or delinquent membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
The members caught tearing of pages/stealing books or otherwise mutilating books will be suspended forthwith from using library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against him/her by the university.